How will the current curriculum be affected by K to 12? What subjects will be added and removed?
- The current curriculum has been enhanced for K to 12 and now gives more focus to allow mastery of learning.
- For the new Senior High School grades (Grades 11 and 12), core subjects such as Mathematics, Science and Language will be strengthened. Specializations or tracks in students’ areas of interest will also be offered.
- Changes to specific subjects are detailed in the K to 12 Curriculum Guides, viewable and downloadable at bit.ly/kto12curriculum.
How will schools implementing special curricular programs such as science high schools, high schools for the arts, and technical vocational schools be affected by K to 12?
- Schools with special curricular programs will implement enriched curriculums specific to their program (e.g. science, arts) following the K to 12 standards.
How will multi-grade teaching be affected by K to 12?
- Multi-grade teaching will continue and will use the K to 12 Curriculum.
How will specific learning groups such as indigenous people, Muslim learners, and people with special needs be affected by K to 12?
- The K to 12 Curriculum was designed to address diverse learner needs, and may be adapted to fit specific learner groups.
Which Mother Tongue will be used as the language of instruction in multi-cultural areas?
- The principle of MTB-MLE is to use the language that learners are most comfortable and familiar with; therefore, the common language in the area or lingua franca shall be used as the language of instruction.
- There are currently 19 mother tongue languages:
- Bahasa Sug