Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013 (Republic Act No. 10533) provides for the expansion of the benefits and assistance programs under the Government Assistance to Students and Teachers in Private Education (Republic Act No. 8545) to qualified students under the Senior High School (SHS) Program, which is the additional two years of secondary education included in compulsory basic education beginning School Year (SY) 2016-2017.
- In relation to this, the Department of Education (DepEd) has developed the SHS Voucher Program, which provides qualified public and private Junior High School (JHS) completers with government subsidies which will enable them to enrol and study in non-DepEd schools licensed to offer the SHS Program.
- The enclosed SHS Voucher Policy Brief outlines the policy guidelines on the implementation of the said program, which will take effect starting SY 2016-2017. These policy guidelines are being issued early on by the DepEd to inform and motivate all stakeholders, including students, parents and potential non-DepEd SHS providers, to prepare and mobilize for the full implementation of SHS in SY 2016-2017.
- The policy guidelines contained in the SHS Voucher Policy Brief shall remain in effect unless otherwise amended in succeeding DepEd issuances.
- Moreover, the DepEd reminds all non-DepEd schools interested to offer the SHS Program that have not yet submitted their applications for permits to do so in accordance with the requirements outlined in DepEd Memorandum No. 4, s. 2014 entitled Guidelines on the Preparation for the National Implementation of the SHS Program in Non-DepEd Schools for the SY 2016-2017 and Onwards. The deadline for submission of applications for SY 2016-2017 is on August 31, 2015.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encl.: As stated
References: DepEd Memorandum No.: (4, s. 2014)
DepEd Order Nos.: 6, s. 2015; 26 and 34, s. 2014; and 43, s. 2013
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: