To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Principal
Vocational High School Principals
1. The Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) will be administered regularly by the National Education Testing and Research Center (NETRC) in designated examination centers nationwide in two different venues and dates: one in Luzon regions and another in Mindanao and Visayas regions, on the third and fourth Sundays, of November, respectively.
2. Registration of applicants for the regular examination shall be in the division offices from August 1 to September 30. A report on the total number of registered applicants in every testing center and division shall be submitted to the NETRC on or before October 3.
3. Special examination will be administered in the NETRC, four times in a week and year-round. Registration shall be at the NETRC. Due to testing room requirement, testing shall be done on a first come, first served basis.
4. Special examination may be administered in the division upon request, provided that all expenses shall be charged against the requesting party/parties.
5. Prospective registrants are children and youth who are Filipino citizens and whose grade/year level passed and ages are the following:
Grade Year Level Code Age on Date of
None 0 At least 7 years old
Grade I 1 At least 8 years old
Grade II 2 At least 9 years old
Grade III 3 At least 10 years old
Grade IV 4 At least 11 years old
Grade V 5 At least 12 years old
Grade VI 6 At least 13 years old
First Year 7 At least 14 years old
Second Year 8 At least 15 years old
Third Year 9 At least 16 years old
6. Prospective registrants should submit the following requirements when they register:
A photocopy of the birth certificate
A photocopy of the latest report card
(Note: These records need not be certified true copies but they should be attested to as true and correct by the applicant.)
Two identical pictures, 1” x 1”
7. A non-re fundable fee of fifty pesos (P50.00) for regular examination and one- hundred pesos (PI00.00) for special examination shall be charged against each applicant.
8. Effectivity of promotion or entry to school of those who passed the grade/year level/levels based on the PEPT shall be during enrolment in the first semester of the school year, except those who passed the fourth year high school level.
9. Guidelines and other pertinent rules and regulations relative to the overall management and administration of the test, the registration of applicants, collection and remittance of registration fees, and allocation of test materials and cash advances are provided for in Enclosure No.1
10. National oriental ion-conference and workshop for PEPT Regional and Division Testing Coordinators will be conducted by the NETRC.
11. Immediate dissemination of this Order for the information and guidance of all concerned is desired.
RAUL S. ROCO
DECS Memorandum No. 226, 2. 2000
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS