Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Conduct of Random Drug Testing in Public and Private Secondary Schools. These guidelines govern the conduct of drug testing in public and private secondary schools in School Year 2017-2018 and thereafter.
- The Guidelines follow the parameters laid down by Republic Act No. 9165 otherwise known as Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs of 2002 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations, as well as the Dangerous Drugs Board Regulation No. 6, Series of 2003, as amended by Dangerous Drugs Board Regulation No. 3, Series of 2009.
- All DepEd Orders and other related issuances, rules and regulations and provisions which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- This policy shall take effect immediate upon its publication on www.deped.govph.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Reference: N o n e
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: