Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- Early Registration activities for the incoming school year for all public elementary and secondary schools are held from the last Saturday of January to the last Friday of February of each year.
- With the support of local officials, civic organizations, people’s organizations (POs), and the community, a massive advocacy campaign to find children and youth not currently enroled and bring them back to school shall be undertaken for one month. The activities in support of early registration and the registration process is enclosed.
- The following are the objectives of the early registration:
b. To ensure that learners who are in school continue their schooling;
c. To map household in all barangays and record information for potential enrolees of Alternative Learning System (ALS);
d. To locate, identify and enrol out-of-school children and youth who:
- Schools are urged to come up with various activities such as house-to-house campaigns or meeting with local and barangay officials, civic organizations and People’s Organizations to help and locate children who should be in school. Regional offices and schools division offices shall support school campaigns.
- Expenses related to Early Registration Day shall be charged to local funds, as appropriate and as authorized, subject to existing accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- These multi-year guidelines shall take effect starting Fiscal Year 2017, and shall remain in force thereafter unless sooner repealed, amended, or rescinded.
- For more information, all concerned may contact the DepEd Action Center at telephone nos. (02) 636-1663, (02) 636 1942, and mobile phone no. 0919-456-0027 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
References: DepEd Order: Nos. 5 and (47), s. 2016
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION OR ENROLMENT